It will be sometime before the final profit for the Festival is known, however as a result of the poor weather leading to reduced numbers and the increased costs from the many Cheese Festival improvements , the surplus is unlikely to be sufficient for funding applications to be considered this year.
The fund aims to provide substantial financial support to young adults to enable them to undertake activities which they would otherwise be unable to and from which they will gain experiences which will be of radical benefit in their future lives.
• £10,000 is available for the current year.
• Applicants may apply for a grant of up to £5,000.
• A maximum of 4 applicants will receive grants in any year.
Applications will be welcomed from young adults:-
• Who have lived within the Sturminster Newton area for at least two years.
• Aged between 16 and 30 years old
• Where financial support would not normally be available elsewhere.
• Who can demonstrate commitment to their proposal and within their capability are prepared to financially contribute to the total cost.
The sorts of activities we may support:-
• Include, but not exclusively, adventure type expeditions such as Voluntary Service Overseas, Operation Raleigh, Jubilee Sailing Trust or Tall Ships voyages, Demanding Charity Work either abroad or in the UK as well as any other activity that stretches the applicant both physically and mentally.
Where support will not be considered
• For sponsored walks, bike rides etc. nor for commercially organised events.
• To provide financial help for conventional education neither post school nor work related.
Contact Malcolm Parker