Applications for funding can be made from 1 October. Applications are now closed for 2016
The Cheese Festival has supported many local projects and groups in the time it has been formed. Funding applications are available to those who live within the DT10 postcode area. Applications are considered in November each year with an Awards Evening usually held for the recepients in early December. We will consider an application that is made during the year if the case is urgent. You can download an application form to send to us. Forms must be returned to email@example.com
The fund aims to provide substantial financial support to young adults to enable them to undertake activities which they would otherwise be unable to and from which they will gain experiences which will be of radical benefit in their future lives.
• £10,000 is available for the current year.
• Applicants may apply for a grant of up to £5,000.
• A maximum of 4 applicants will receive grants in any year.
Applications will be welcomed from young adults:-
• Who have lived within the Sturminster Newton area for at least two years.
• Aged between 16 and 30 years old
• Where financial support would not normally be available elsewhere.
• Who can demonstrate commitment to their proposal and within their capability are prepared to financially contribute to the total cost.
The sorts of activities we may support:-
• Include, but not exclusively, adventure type expeditions such as Voluntary Service Overseas, Operation Raleigh, Jubilee Sailing Trust or Tall Ships voyages, Demanding Charity Work either abroad or in the UK as well as any other activity that stretches the applicant both physically and mentally.
Where support will not be considered
• For sponsored walks, bike rides etc. nor for commercially organised events.
• To provide financial help for conventional education neither post school nor work related.
Contact Malcolm Parker